St. Claude celebrated its’ centennial in 1992. It was predominately settled in 1892 by immigrants from France. These immigrants claimed homesteads in the surrounding area. St. Claude was first know by the Canadian Pacific Railway as “60 Mile Tank”.
The Village of St. Claude was incorporated in 1963 and dissolved in 2014. It merged with the Rural Municipality of Grey in 2015.
The library is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2015.